Poker has come a long way since its birth! Although it is difficult to sayprecisely the origin of this game, experts believe that poker was among the first card games played in India and Persia. Poker in its present form comes from Louisiana, and took off towards the middle of the 19th century and then grew rapidly in Europe.
When you start playing poker online there are a number of important tips to follow. The best online poker sites allow you to learn and start playing for free. This is a good way to learn to play the game applying all the rules and strategies provided by the online poker guide at the casino. Following the instructions on the free poker games will help you feel comfortable when playing for real money.
How To Play Texas Hold’em Poker
After you choose a poker game, read the online information to have a basic idea of which poker variation you are about to play. Read information like: how to play, tips, strategy, rules and winning hands. The best poker game is Texas Hold’em poker which is the most popular variation of poker available at any online casino and it is very easy to learn.
In this poker variation, each player is dealt two pocket cards and then the game proceeds with a total of 5 community cards being dealt in the center of the table. Between each of these deals a round of betting is to be made.
Texas Holdem Poker Rules
• The highest hand wins
• You may use one of the hole cards, both or neither of them to achieve the highest hand.
• Ace plays both high and low values for a Straight
• Three raises are the maximum per round.
Texas Holdem Poker Strategy
The game of Texas Hold’em is won on the highest hand. If you are holding 2 good high cards you have the best hand or you can draw to the best hand after a flop. It is wise that you play a strong hand that will stand a raise or many raises from initial betting positions. Do not draw to a low or both ends of a Straight.
The best winning hands on a game of poker are:
• Royal Flush – a combination of Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of the same suit.
• Straight Flush – five cards in sequence and of the same suit
• Four of a Kind – four cards of the same number and different suits.
• Full House – three cards of the same number and two others of another number.
• Flush – any five cards of the same suit
• Straight – five sequential cards but of different suits
• Three of a Kind – three cards of the same number
• Two Pair – two sets of two pairs but of different suits
• One Pair – a single set of pair of different suits.